ACTIN Inc. utilizes the Sports
Medicine/Sciences philosophy to assist individual's prevent, maintain and/or regain their
optimal well being. In developed nations, our chaotic, sedentary, and improper nutritional intake lifestyle can
lead to emotional, financial, functional, personal, physiological, psychological, and/or social distress.
Recent health research facts:
Cardiovascular disease (CVD)
the number one killer
Increasing number of women
are developing heart disease
Inactivity, poor nutrition, stress, obesity is responsible for CVD
1985 to 2001, obesity increased 7%-14% among women & 6%-16% among men.
Type II diabetes (adult onset) is one of the fastest growing diseases in
The annual cost of diabetes in
Canada is estimated to be
up to $9 billion
An ill/injured person follows an emotional, financial, functional, personal, physiological, psychological, and social down
spiral, leading to LTD.
Without appropriate intervention:
• 50% probability Returning To Work (RTW) after 6-month absence.
• 20% probability of RTW after 12-months absence
• 10% probability of RTW after a 24-month absence
• Direct cost of illness = $44 billion – 62.9% of health care costs in Canada
• Indirect costs = loss of future
productivity is estimated to be $129
billion; nearly 21%
of the Canadian GDP
ACTIN Inc. implements Inter/Multidisciplinary Health and Wellness
programs which empower organizations/unions/employess with skills to cope with:
Emotional, functional, physiological, and/or
Leading to healthier and content employees,
Leading employee greater efficiency, productivity, and retention,
Leading to healthier employee and employer relations,
• Leading to greater productivity,
• Leading to reducing disability costs = cost savings.